Educators, Schools, and Districts
I will create and implement professional development activities for school staff, designed to strengthen their understanding of core concepts, mindsets, and best practices that support the school’s mission
LIST OF POTENTIAL TOPICS
- Your School’s Mission Statement in Action
- Developing a Growth Mindset in the Classroom
- Goal Setting for Student Centered Learning
- Mindfulness in the Classroom
- Education and the Teenage Brain
- Engaging Struggling Learners
- Fostering Self-Advocacy
- Student Led Conferencing
- Project Based Learning
- Creating Extended Learning Opportunities
- Strategies for empowering students in their own education
- Rubric Development
- Competencies and Cross Curricular Instruction
- Classroom Management
It is widely accepted that teacher mentoring is critical for teacher growth. However, there are a wide variety of conceptions for the role of teacher mentors. When discussing proposals I will outline several possibilities. However, through discussion we can alter or enhance any of these models.
Through structured mentoring, I help educators set, work on, and achieve professional goals, in order to strengthen their professional skills, problem-solve, and increase engagement and achievement. I support educators and school staff grow in their craft through self-reflection, instruction in implementing research-based practices, and fostering mindsets that support the school’s mission.
Curriculum Development & Documentation
Curriculum Needs Assessment / School Approval
I am adept at making sure curriculum documents meet state and national requirements. I have evaluated, aligned, and documented the 5-12 curriculum for the NH state special education approval process, earning zero findings of non-compliance for the 2 most recent site visits.
Current Courses Available for Individual Students or Classes
Success in High School and Beyond
This course is designed to help high school students develop skills, mindsets, and habits they will need as they transition into adulthood. This class provides students with tools to develop independence and responsibility as well as support their journey into becoming confident participants in their home, community, career/education settings. Students will learn how to develop a growth mindset, recognizing errors and challenges as opportunities for personal growth. Content includes self-awareness, goal setting, organization, time management, memory, reading, note-taking, career exploration, and resume writing.
Dreamer to Achiever Life Planning
This course uses my Dreamer to Achiever Method to plan and achieve. Students are taught goal setting while learning how to determine their wants and needs, why our brains like goal setting, how goals are useful tools but do not define us, how to use our goals as data collectors, and strategies to achieve goals. Growth mindset and resilience will be developed throughout the course.
Life Tools Through Literature
This English course is designed to assist students in obtaining English credit while exploring topics and themes such as decision-making, growth-mindset, self-awareness, and resilience. Literature is determined in large by student needs and interests.
Extended Learning Opportunities
I have experience creating a wide variety of Extended Learning Opportunities to meet school and student needs, while tapping into student interests.
- Curriculum Administrator
- General Special Education K-12
- Elementary Education
- Level I Google Educator Certification
I have been providing professional development to educators for more than 12 years. Topics have included curriculum development, best practices in instruction, classroom management, mindfulness, goal setting, and resilience.
Curriculum & Instruction Specialist- Wediko School, Windsor, NH 2008-2020
- Create/maintain curriculum documents: Curriculum Guide, Program of Studies, Course Syllabi.
- Supervise and provide professional development for teachers.
- Administer state, formal, and informal assessments.
- Present academic and social progress in team meetings.
- Teach middle and high school classes.
- Participated in multiple school approval processes, including case presentation and document preparation. Earned zero findings of non-compliance for most recent 2 approvals.
Adjunct Faculty- Franklin Pierce University, Rindge, NH 2016-2018
- Teach graduate level education courses:
- Advanced Behavior Management
- Primary Literacy
- Special Education Law